.

Monday, January 14, 2019

College Admission Essay: Dance Essay

As I walked through the doors, entering the studio, I set my base down and took a deep breath that created a moment of easiness and peace. As I took my first step onto the dancing floor, I knew at that moment my life was going to change and I could just pure tone the passion that was soon to come. Growing up I had been categorized as the quiet and shy type, afraid to try new things and that first dance class showed how truly insecure I was. After taking a month of classes I began reflection videos of dancers and it left me in complete awh. I watched the b tout ensembleerinas, so graceful provided strong, the jazz dancers, sassy and fierce, and the lyrical dancers, well(p) of emotion and laid back.There was something I realized while watching whole the different dancers and what they all had in common and that was confidence. No military issue the style each dancer was full of confidence and having the intention of not a care of what the audience thought, they danced for the m. It was that moment that I knew what I requisite to do not to just be a better dancer, but a better person as a whole. Each socio-economic class I danced I grew more(prenominal) And more as a person, gaining more confidence. But during those six years I found many struggles that helped me formula who I am today.I went through always being rigid in the back, never getting the lead role, and worst of all favoritism. When I look back on how much Ive changed as a person, its astonishing. Ive grown into this person who is hardworking, passionate, and outgoing but, most of all I found the confidence I myself I had been seeking all these years. To think if I had never stepped foot in that dance studio who knows of the person I would have became, probably still that shy unprejudiced girl. Without dance I would not have became the person I am and love being.

No comments:

Post a Comment